Wyoming Govenors sheep tag????

H

Huck58

A guy from Washington bought one of the govenors tags, and shot a small ram, anyone heard or seen any info or pics of others??

I just spent 9 days in sheep area 5, we seen 5 elk. We did see 30 rams though, so your wolves haven't gotten the sheep yet.

Hey Huck,
If you were in area 5 for nine days, where you hunting sheep? If so, how about telling us about it. I am really craving some sheep news.

We seen lots of rams, two in the upper 160's. The rest were two, three, and four year olds. Mine was 8 1/2 years old. Honestly, in all the basins we could glass and see from above, we seen way more sheep than elk. I was shocked at how few elk we seen. And the beetle kill timber has to be close to 50%.

It is going to be barren country in a few years or a huge tinder box.

We hunted the same draineges as the guy from Washington who paid $50k for his tag, I was curious how big his sheep was. G&F said it was maybe a 150 at best.

Biologist told me today that a high 170 was shot on cow creek of unit 5. That could have been it. It was scored by an outfitter at the check station in Cody.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom