Wyoming Fly Fishing

ss13

I will be in the Yellowstone area May 31st to June 8th and would like to do some fly fishing. I already know my trip falls during the time of runoff. I am looking for a few rivers/creeks that will be fishable during this time.

May 31st through June 2nd I will be in Jackson, Wy.

June 3rd through June 5th I will be in Yellowstone (Old Faithful area)

June 6th and 7th I will be in Sunlight basin (North of Cody)

I am aware that the firehole river in Yellowstone is usually fishable during this time. Are there any other rivers that are historically clear and fish well during the beginning of June?

I appreciate the help.

The only rivers I can think of that are immune to run off are the ones below dams, like the Snake below Jackson Lake and the Henrys Fork below Island Park Res. With the snow pack we have this year they could even be blown out. You may have to just fish still water. One thing I do know for sure is that time of year and in that part of the country you can 100% count on rain and 90% count on snow.

No estas en mexico ahora, entonces escoja tu basura
chancho sucio.

Shoshone River flowing thru Cody. Controled flows, several access points in middle of town. Browns, rainbows, cuts. A couple fly fishing shops in town can give update on patterns.

from the "Heartlnd of Wyoming"

I would spend $20 for a Yellowstone fishing permit and fish the Madison and Firehole Rivers. Stop in Bud Lilly's Fly Shop in West Yellowstone to find out what is going on. Buy a few flies from them that are working; they will definitely sight you in. If Jack Dennis still has a shop in Jackson, do the same thing there. These folks want fishermen to have success, so they will definitely help you out.

Try right below the Jackson Damn!

A few big Cutthroats & some Lake Trout!

Watch for Ospreys doing a little fishing & watch for Otters!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Seems like the Cutthroat in Yellowstone Lake have been getting smaller & smaller ever since I was a kid!

Damn that used to be good!

That River leaving the lake has alot of TRASH Fish in it now!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom