Wyoming elk unit 85

Jq23

I drew the general elk tag for wyoming and I'm going to focus on archery for the first 3 or 4 weekends. but this year I wanted to try and hunt unit 85 on the opening day of the rifle which is sept 26th, hoping they are still bugling some. I am going to hunt around wolf mountain and just wondering if anyone has had success in there on the opener. The hoback refuge is pretty close and I'm wondering if this area by wolf mountain might be better later in the hunt when the elk start to migrate. Any information would be great.

Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-14 AT 01:55PM (MST)[p]Don't know that area, but if there are elk in the area the bulls should still be bugling good then. Last year they were still rutting and bugling the second week of October in the BigHorns when rifle season started.

Thanks for the response. Anyone have any information on the early rifle in unit 85? I've tried calling the biologist numerous times but he won't return my calls. Any help would be great

I've only been up there once. We went in on the Jackson side of the unit. A lot of people and the elk were pretty much running from one patch of trees to the next. Had a chance at a couple of spikes and a rag horn but their tounges were hanging out and I didn't want to try and eat one that had been damn near run to death.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom