Wyoming Elk shared pts hunt

backcountrybutcher

Hey all,

I have max elk pts and am tired of waiting to draw. I am looking to jump out of the max hunt pool and split pts with my dad to draw a tag, hire an outfitter and hunt some wilderness for what I hope would be similar caliber elk as the southern part of the state that i was applying for. Going into the draw we'll have 19+3=22 pts so 11 average. Am i being realistic?

What units and outfitters would you consider?

PM me if you prefer!

Thanks!

Hey all,

I have max elk pts and am tired of waiting to draw. I am looking to jump out of the max hunt pool and split pts with my dad to draw a tag, hire an outfitter and hunt some wilderness for what I hope would be similar caliber elk as the southern part of the state that i was applying for. Going into the draw we'll have 19+3=22 pts so 11 average. Am i being realistic?

What units and outfitters would you consider?

PM me if you prefer!

Thanks!
Probably call Trails West...Josh martoglio. With that average you might be able to draw his unit next year, and would probably have a great hunt with your dad. Josh might be able to pair you with another higher point holder to make sure you all draw and maybe even cut you a deal with your points. At least worth a phone call.

I wouldn't split points with anyone if I had max. But if you do call Sandy Forbes at Forbes Outfitting. His group has been killing some great bulls the past few years.
Sounds like he wanted to split points with his dad. I couldn't think of a better person to split your points with. I wish my dad was still able to hunt and would gladly give every point I had to him for one more elk hunt.

Sounds like he wanted to split points with his dad. I couldn't think of a better person to split your points with. I wish my dad was still able to hunt and would gladly give every point I had to him for one more elk hunt.
I hear ya. Bring your dad on the trip with max points. But you are right. I wish my dad could join me on a hunt.

Splitting points to share a hunt with your dad...You'll get WAY more out of that hunt than just a chance at a giant. You're living life right. Best of luck on finding the right hunt for you both. Karma may just pay off big for you both. Cheers!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom