Wyoming elk 63 and 64

R

Rasmussen

I am looking for some info on this unit. I will most likely draw it in the next couple of years. I don't have horses, I am in pretty good shape and have 4 wheelers. I am a non-resident. Does this unit sound like a doable choice for me? All of the other LE units seem to have too much wilderness or access issues. I have hunted around grizzlies and I am not worried about that. I heard the Absaroka Front HMU is huge. From what I understand I can hunt all of that. Has anyone ever hunted on this? I would love to have a shot at a 350 bull. I will mainly concentrate on the rifle hunt. Any advice would be appreciated thanks!

Good areas for sure. I am local but I just haven't explored the area a lot to really help a guy out. I would look into trail-heads cause those are your access points. Most people hunt off horses and get in ways to hunt.

350 bull is possible with lots of scouting time. Outfitters search the area hard and keep tabs on those bulls. its very open country and glassing is the key. its just getting away from other people

Keep in mind there are lots of griz in that country. that adds a little twist to spike camping and getting an elk out on a DIY hunt.

Stay thirsty my friends

I had some intel from a guy that hunted it last fall, 2012. they only killed one small 6 point bull for 3 guys I think. they did have numerous grizz encounters and did not see many elk. weather was also a problem while they were hunting. they also used horses.
the same guy informed me that friends of his had hunted it the year before last, 2011, (same part of the area probably?) and the group killed 3 nice bulls, saw lots of elk. so different year different hunting conditions
wish I had more info, as I'd like to try hunting it some time.

A few Eastman hunts have been filmed in 63. Its one of their personal favorite areas. Imagine they don't put that kind of info in their magazines...

Had the tag last year.you heard right there are a lot of grizzlies.had 2 close encounters.spent 3 weeks in there bow hunting.we had 3 tags.killed 2 bulls 325-330 with the bow.packed in to some remote country outside wilderness with our 9 mules.not much public access.most big bulls in the wilderness.where we could not hunt.being nr.killed third bull opening rifle.went 330. Rifle hunting there was a zoo.lots of people.would hunt it again if we could hunt wilderness.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom