Wyoming Deer

MLJ

Is unit 89 or 128 worth using max points on? Looking for a good hunt with potential of 170inch buck.

There are a lot of units along with those two with potential for a buck that size, as 170" isn't considered that big for a mulie. It's finding them during an open season if you're not real familiar with an area that can make it tough for even one that size though.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-14 AT 04:24PM (MST)[p]Potential yes, worst case maybe you shoot a 150 at the end of your hunt...Wyoming currently doesn't have a limited entry worth max points, but the kicker is it may take 10-20 years before they do if ever.

>TG,
>
>Just curious of what you consider
>big?

***My comment was not what I think is big, but what is generally considered big for a mule deer by people that are really into them like a big share of the members on MM. IMHO a 170" is a real nice buck that I'd shoot in a heartbeat since my best is in the low 160s. Some guys would pass every one of those looking for a 180"+ buck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom