wyoming area 48 lope info

H

hunteraj44

heading up the last week of october,weather permitting. i've been up once scouting,but ended up mostly just having fun with my son in the shirleys lookin at elk and doing alittle fishin. spotted a few decent bucks up north but i know that area gets hammered hard early.how is it late? has anybody hunted the hanna draw or simpson ridge HMA's? we drove down by hanna but it was midday and hot, did'nt see alot. it looks like good goat country though. is there a gas station in hanna? any place i can pop up my camper down that direction? hunted goats alot in wyoming but never 48, any info would help. thanks

48 is higher in elevation than the adjacent units so if the weather is rough early they may be on the move before the end of the month.

I know there is also a lot of private in there. No idea on the specific spots you asked about but walk-ins are great because 90% of guys wont get out of their truck to work for a buck.

Im sure if you can find an area out of the wind theyll be piled up in there!

Good luck!

"You skin grizz?"

the simpson ridge permission slip will give you all the goats you need . at least it was good when we were there late in 09.there was a gas station off the interstate straight south of hannah just down from the hma.

thanks 36moose. see any 80"ers when you were there? are there any roads through that HMA?

not much on scoring but 2 of us got real nice ones and there was a great big wide sob that we saw 3 days in a row but he is the sneekiest antelope in the state.

I bet there is a gas station in Hanna, but if there isn't there is one about 10 miles east in Medicine Bow. The other one is about 20 miles west in Walcott, right by I-80.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom