Wyoming Archery Antelope!!!

A

ADDICT

First archery buck. Took 3 days of sitting water and stalking him and his buddies to seal the deal.

Ive found a new addiction!

I shot him while drinking at 45 yards. The shot entered inthe front shoulder crease and blew through his back hip. He expired after only 3 or 4 steps. Needless to say Im grateful and hooked for life!

cover3.JPG

l_turn_away.JPG

r_turn.JPG

mass.JPG

down1.JPG

Congrats on a fine Antelope Buck w/bow....heavy bases too and nice prongs.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

That Antelope would of been a good one with a rifle.....twice as good with the bow....Congrats!

Zac,

Don't let it bother you...bucks like that typically don't make it through the winter anyway. You did your part by taking a "cull" buck out of the gene pool.

Love Dad

PS - Seriously, congratulations. Like always, the one day that I don't sit in the blind with you is the day you succeed! Awesome buck - one more nice "amalope" for your collection.

Great buck. That one will get you in the book with a lot of room to spare ! Congrats ! Chip

Thanks guys. It was an awesome run.

I love how the old man feels "picked on" for not being in the blind when I killed my buck. I got in at 5:30 am and shot him at 8:15 pm. Never left once-- I mean for anything :). I swear the second you pop out to stretch your legs or handle business a buck will bust you and never hit that spot again.

5:30-12:00pm is only 6.5 hrs Dad. From my math it takes 15 hrs to kill one :)!

ADDICT- nice....congrats!!!!!!!! Thx for the pics. Looks dry...what part of WY?

Congratulations!
Great buck!
The mass is super!
I love Antelope hunting with a bow. I must go next year. Thanks for the inspiration.
Zeke

Thanks! I've never had such bad nerves in my life! When you wait for hours on hours and you see those tops coming over the hill to your water the heart beat is scary! I could barely hold my pin on his body let alone picking a spot to punch! I had to take a few breaths and get my composure before I released. Absolute rush man!

14" long
7" bases
6" cutters

Grosses low 80s. Ill get him officially scored in 60 days on the dot! No more 12 month-waits to score bucks!

ADDICT- Was this buck taken on public or private? Did you have help finding water or had you pre-scouted to find it yourself? Was your blind brushed in? How many days had it been set up prior to you actually hunting out of it? Thanks and congrats on a great goat.

Steve
T&A Inspector

Wiszard--

All public.
We actually had a good friend put some blinds up a month ago on a couple of seeps that we knew were getting hit by big bucks. The rain has left a lot more water in other spots than normal so the animals were more scattered

After the first 2 days, I put my double-bull up on the water he was hitting and waited him out. It took 15 hrs for him to come in right at last light.

No brush necessary. Antelope would drink out of a pond if you left a truck there for a few hours I swear.

It seems that movement is what throws them off the most.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom