Wyoming Antelope

H

Huntaz27

I was told by a few members from another forum to join this forum because all of the helpful tools/knowledge on this site. Seems like an awesome site!

I'm researching my first out of state DIY hunt which will also be my first antelope hunt. I have spoken to several other people and gotten advice about dos and don'ts for Wyoming. I have researched several units and have narrowed down the units I want to try. I decided since I have zero points it won't get me any great unit, I will put a tough unit to draw as my first choice and a left over unit as second and third so I still gain a PP. I have narrowed these down based on %of public land and/or HMA/WIA. Units 113, 30, 8, 20 and possibly 21 and 25 ( I haven't heard good things about 21 or 25)

Does anyone have any advice/pointers in these units they would be willing to share? Or just advice for Wyoming in General?Feel free to PM.

Thank you!

I do something similar every year, and it is getting tough to get a leftover tag and find public land with antelope. We hunted 25 3 years ago and it was tough to find antelope on public land. We did fill tags and with my biggest goat to date. I haven't hunted the other units you listed. In general you will find less people willing to share as one post can ruin an area.

I will say, buy a map that shows land owner, look at walk in areas and go. It is a blast. All those areas hold a bunch of antelope, you will just be waiting to find them on public land or walking a long way:) We find that few are willing to walk more than 2 miles for an antelope, so we look for a unit that has public land that we can hike in. The land that is within a mile of the road gets hit real hard on these mostly private land units.

This year I plan on taking 4 12-13 year old kids, nieces and nephews. I won't even get a tag. it is so much fun!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom