Wyoming Antelope

C

Cutbow

I've got points to draw an antelope tag this year and I'm thinking about putting in for units 91, 96 or 98....can anybody give me some feedback on these units and what to expect. This will be my first antelope hunt. I'm hoping to see lots of goats...not worried about finding a monster but would like a good/solid buck.

GPS coordinates and honey holes welcomed...just kidding, just want some general feedback (unless you want to).

Cutbow

98 is my back yard, there's SOME goats to be had but not like 91 or 96.IMHO If i were u i'd go for 91.....P.M me if you'd like about 98.

"Sometime's i drink water to suprise my liver"

I hunted 91 in 2011. I've been through the other two units. If it were me I would hunt 91. It's a great area with plenty of bucks to keep ya busy. I saw at least 50 bucks by noon on the first day. I had itchy trigger finger and killed a low 70" buck at noon on the first day. If ya have the points go for 91, get out and hunt and have a good time. Saving any more points is a waste of money IMHO.

3198p1000329.jpg

Just west of Payson, Wy on Hwy 28 in Unit 96 but we drove thru there in late Oct that year and seen nothing from Hwy. but not hunting just sight seeing on the way home from Casper.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Brian..that would be Farson, not Payson.

I would also say that of the three units mentioned, 91 would be the best option for buck quality.

>If it's those three areas you
>are wanting to hunt I
>would suggest area 91.How many
>points ya sitting on?

I've got 5...thanks for the info. I'm open to other areas too...just trying to narrow it down.

Cutbow

>I hunted 59 last year, it
>was a pleasure. Hundreds of
>animals, lots of nice bucks,
>very few high 70's seen.---------SS
>

Thanks Springvilleshooter...I'll have to look at the map.

Cutbow

>98 is my back yard, there's
>SOME goats to be had
>but not like 91 or
>96.IMHO If i were u
>i'd go for 91.....P.M me
>if you'd like about 98.
>
>
>"Sometime's i drink water to suprise
>my liver"

Thanks KPBennion...If I end up in 98 I'll definitely reach out. I know that area a little bit from elk hunting which is why it was one I was thinking about.

Cutbow

>I hunted 91 in 2011. I've
>been through the other two
>units. If it were me
>I would hunt 91. It's
>a great area with plenty
>of bucks to keep ya
>busy. I saw at least
>50 bucks by noon on
>the first day. I had
>itchy trigger finger and killed
>a low 70" buck at
>noon on the first day.
>If ya have the points
>go for 91, get out
>and hunt and have a
>good time. Saving any more
>points is a waste of
>money IMHO.

Thanks shootem...that's great info. Sounds like 91 would be a good choice.

Cutbow

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom