Wyoming Antelope Unit 44

H

HONEYBADGER

Never been to the Laramie area and will be in Wyoming for another hunt anyway so I picked up a couple of goat tags in unit 44 for a buddy and I, knowing it was basically a shot in the dark.

I know there is not much public land there, anyone have any tips on where to start looking on what little public there is or a landowner that would allow a couple of guys to wack two goats without charging a fortune? Any help would be appreciated.

There is quite a bit of accessible public over on the west side of the unit, but I have no idea if there are enough antelope over there to make a good hunt. Call the G&F Office and see what they say.

There is virtually no public land in the area for antelope. You might find a square section here and there, but . . . There are two G&F HMA's in the area. You can't get permission to hunt both. It's Spiegelberg or Monolith ranch.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-12 AT 07:51AM (MST)[p]That's sort of what I figured when looking at the map with most of the public land being way over west and probably not holding many antelope. I think the OP should take your suggestion and immediately see if he can print out a permission slip for either of those two HMAs over to the south of Laramie.

I just went into both those HMAs on the G&F website and didn't see a thing where either said you had to draw for a slip. Most are unlimited and a couple have certain dates, but it appears they are first-come first-served with nothing said about drawing for them.

The HMAs in area 44 are a draw for the first week of hunting and unlimited thereafter. Has anybody had know of or had any experience with trespass hunting on an area ranch?

They are both draw only for the first few days and you can only draw one or the other, not both. Its in the ranch rules portion.

Marburg---The Monolith Ranch rules do not say anything about any of the permits being issued by a draw. It's only in the Spielgelberg rules for that ranch, but both do say you can't hunt both ranches in the same year.

Monolith and Spiegelberg ranches are on a draw for the first week of hunting, and permission slips are unlimited for the rest of the season.

Please show me where it says that in the rules for Monolith because it is not written like the Spiegelberg Ranch.

Call the Laramie office to verify if you must. Jeez. We're just trying to help people. The rules don't indicate the Monolith ranch is a draw. We see that. Let's move on.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-12 AT 09:18PM (MST)[p]Jeez yourself newbie!!! If the GD rules on the website for the ranch don't say what you are saying, why in the haydes should I believe you! At least now you have stated what I have kept saying!!! All I'm asking is how do you know what you're stating when it's not in the rules. Is that so damn hard to understand?

He's just trying to help as you are, no big deal.

It is a draw though, straight from the draw dates page.

Monolith Ranch 30 PS for firearms hunting Area 44, Sept 8-30 - May not have Speigleberg permit. 30 AN 08/03/2012 08/06/2012

Thanks Marburg! With your help I finally kept clicking on stuff and found the list you mentioned with draw dates. I'm really wondering why it doesn't appear under the individual ranch rules section for Monolith like it usually does for any particular one that requires a draw. As you may know, I'm very up on all the G&F stuff and their website and feel they really screwed that one up if I had to keep asking and hunt that hard to find the answer. I guess if a person has the unit 44 tag and tries to get a slip they will find out that you can't just print one out at home like I did yesterday for the two HMAs in the antelope unit I'm going to be hunting. Thanks again for the help and sorry for "hollering" at the newbie, LOL!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom