Wyoming Antelope question

B

bmf1321

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone in Wyoming or who is familiar with Wyoming knows anything about units 60, 61, 64 for antelope. Do these units have lots of public land? I am looking to put in for an antelope tag and am not interested in paying an outfitter. I wanted a DIY public land hunt. Any tips on these units would be appreciated. I am just wondering if there is access. Just would hate to get all the way to Wyoming to run into a bunch of locked gates. Thanks.

Brett

tough draw odds. Lots of public land. If you look at the proclamation it will have a star next to units that tells you difficult public access. Good luck

Congrats on picking both Garth Carter's and Eastman's top picks for antelope. Access in 60 and 61 will not be a problem, but drawing a tag will be. Even with max points, you may have to wait more than 18 years to draw a preference tag for the non-resident special drawing. Go with a regular tag and the wait could be as long as 50 years. If you're lucky, you could draw this year. Best of luck to you!

All those areas are great, excellent quality, almost all public land and easy access.

Let me know if you draw (good luck) and I'll help you out.

WyoXtec

Any unit in the southwest part of the state will have plenty of public land to let you find and kill a buck in the say 15 to 16 inch range if you hunt half hard. Units 60,61,64 are sure enough good units but I don't know if they are worth waiting a life time to hunt them over several other units that have better draw odds.
WYHunter

That stretch of Wyo along I80 to the Utah border is checkard-board which means every other section is private. The southern 1/3 of 60 and 61 are checkard board but the rest of each unit is pretty much public. Some of the landowners in that area can be nasty while others could care less. The draw odds for all the units you mentioned are among the worse in the state; however, they produce some nice antelope if you can draw a tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom