Wyoming Antelope Options

Paul_S

Well, I struck out again in Colorado, so I need to head north if I want to hunt 'lopes this year. I've had good luck in units 47 & 70 in the past, but need to go elsewhere this year. I'm looking at units 1, 18, 20, 21, 22 or 23. I hunt public land and will likely be hunting a couple weeks after the season starts, so crowds should be down. I'm not expecting a monster, but would like a chance at a decent buck. Anyone got any advice on choosing between these units?

Unless you can pick up an leftover tag after the initial drawing you are out of luck. The deadline to apply was may 31.

You can't touch a leftover tag untill July 5th(give or take) once the initial draw is over. I would recomend doing some homework now with the game and fish dept in Gilette. They can tell you all about what land owners have availability for tresspass fees in the area. Should be areas 22 and 23. Lots of goats and lots of licenses available after the initial draw typically, so yoiu should be able to secure a ranch to access. Good luck to you.

Thanks for the replies. I should have been more clear. I am talking about a leftover tag. I'd also prefer public land unless someone knows a reasonable landowner.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom