wyoming antelope/ lander weather

seeleymt

Leaving for Wy on Friday hunting antelope east of Lander, according to the weather they are getting a big snowstorm, anyone know any more on this? Won't be hunting till Sunday hope the roads dry out?
Brian

We were planning on leaving on Friday but with the forecast we are changing up a bit and won't leave til Saturday. Might still be slick in Saturday but I imagine later in the day or Sunday the roads should be OK. My sons a bit disappointed we are delaying the trip by a day, he's 17, but sleeping in a tent during a snow storm nor with 25 mph winds and temps on the teens ain't my cup of tea.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Don't be a wuss. If the kid is excited to go, just go. It will be something you both remember. One night in a snowy tent isn't going to kill you.

Just glad my boy don't read this forum yet otherwise he'd be feeding off your words and looking at his old man in an entire different manner while giving me even more crap than he already does.LOL.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Snowed last night. Only got about 4 inches in Lander but it is really wet heavy snow. Beaver Rim looks like it got a bit more, maybe 6-8 inches with Jeffery City looking about like Lander. It is supposed to warm up a bit- 60 on Sunday, 70 on Monday, and 60 on Tuesday and the clouds are going to move out. Wouldn't say the roads will be terrible still Sunday but they aren't going to be dry.

py

Thanks for the info, will be in Lander early afternoon on Sun, hope to get out and look our antelope unit over, will be hunting in unit 64. Do you know much about hits unit?
Thanks Brian

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom