Wyoming antelope hunt

Cozmo8

I was unable to post pictures so I sent them in here they are.

http://www.monstermuleys.com/photos/PhotosID1/1589.html

The first buck will fool you he is only 14 inches tall but has 22 inches of mass on each side and is perfectly symmetrical. He was one of the first bucks we saw and we almost did not take him. My friend's best pronghorn ever.

The second buck has some good mass and abnormal growths. He is just over 13 inches and was taken by a limited mobility friend of mine. His best buck ever.

The third buck is mine and has a large third prong coming out the back of his left horn. I do not know exactly how to score him but he will probably net around 80 and may gross as high as 84. He is just over 15 inches long with 6.5 bases. My best pronghorn to date.

The last buck was taken the last day as a meat buck. My brother-in-law got greedy and did not shoot some decent bucks. He took this buck on the way home. His best buck to date.

We were in the Red Desert of Wyoming in September the rut was in full swing and the bucks were Kamikaze's. We probably could have filled a few tags with our bows.

Those are some nice goats for sure! The Red Desert is hard to draw. Congratulations on a great hunt. I love to hunt antelope when they are rutting. One of the things I really like to watch is to see the herd buck chase off some juvenile buck and a satelite buck moves in and steals the big boy's does while he is busy running the little guy off.

Tim

Go to Wyoming's website and look at the demand indexes. I think there are some units with reasonable odds. I think my friend bought a buck tag after the first draw. I think that they call them leftover tags.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom