Wyoming Antelope help

Arkie55

hey guys,
I'm thinking about taking my wife on an antelope hunt to your state next fall (2007). Now, I'm not looking for a trophy area to hunt. I don'e even care if the average size horn on the bucks is less than 12". I want her to see lots of lope and have a good chance to take home some meat. Anyone got any suggestions on a unit with good draw odds and some public land to hunt? I'm not opposed to paying a tesspass fee but would prefer a public land hunt. Now remember, I'm not looking for a trophy, just some antelope to hunt and bring home some meat. Thanks for the help.

look into area 47 type 1 and 7 i belive the area has good draw odds if you but in for it the first choice. there is a lot of lopes adn a lot of puplic land for you to hunt. lopes usually run 12 to 13 with a few better lopes if you find a hidden hole.

moseley middleton

I can echo Mosely's comments. I hunted 47 last year with my son and we rarely had antelope out of our sight. This year, we tried unit 70 and it was mid-day on our first day before we saw one on public land. I'd suggest a type 2 tag - it allows you to take a buck and should be an easy draw. You basically hunt the last half of the season. There will definately be fewer hunters and there are stil plenty of goats.

Remember that if you didn't apply in '06, you are 1 point off of max. If you apply in the southwestern part of the state, you may be several years away from drawing a permit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom