Wyoming Antelope Area 76

S

SageArrowhead

Never thought I would be sitting in front of my computer with sweaty palms worrying if I was going to upset people with a question. Not sure what to say to gain respect right off the bat to ask for advice so here it goes. I am an Oregon resident and love to hunt. I have spent most of my life chasing BlackTail deer in the Pacific Northwest. I have managed over the years to hunt out of state a couple of times, Mule Deer in Wyoming and Antelope/Mule deer in Montana. I have been pretty fortunate over the years in my hunting endeavors. Never killed any record book animals but when I think back they were all definately trophies. Myself and my buddy have three points for antelope in Wymoming, I called the Bio yesterday to discuss some different areas and this is what he told me, If he had three points for his area of operation he would go to unit 76. He told me that there is pretty good access in the northern part of the unit and later in the season if the weather cooperates the antelope may be bailing out the souther portion and heading north. He said that we should see plenty of antelope and have lots of oppurtunities. If anyone has an opinion of this unit I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you and if anyone ever has any plans to come to Oregon (I know that probably made most people laugh) I would be more than willing to help out any way that I could.

Thank you
Jacob

Hey sweaty palms! I did get a chuckle out of that and your Oregon comment, LOL! I don't hunt too far from there and if you talked to either of the Biologists that I think you did, I would say get the tag and go have some fun. The couple guys I know that work that area of the state are standup guys that tell it like it is and I don't think they would steer you wrong.

Ditto to Topgun.
From my experience most Biologists tell it pretty straight. They don't get any gain by trying to lead you astray, so I would take his advice as being pretty sound.
My son and I hunted Wyoming this year, but we went 3 weeks after the opener, and pretty much had our unit to ourselves. In three days we only saw two other hunting groups. It was also amazing to watch the antelope in the height of the rut.
It was crazy fun. Good luck

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom