Wyoming antelope area 48

U

unlucky

My buddy and I are taking our boys on an antelope hunt in area 48 this fall. If anyone has any info about camping spots, accessibility, terrain type, what type of animals to expect, etc. we'd appreciate the info. We hope we can make it a good first experience for them. Thanks.

Very huntable from roads. There are a lot of goats in the unit(like anywhere in Wyoming). It's higher elevatiuon than most of the surrounding units so I would hunt it early beacuse the weather can get crazy. I bet you see a few hundred a day and the boys will have no problem. A lot of good walk-in landowner access. Just buy a good property map and be careful on private land boundaries.

Oh yeah. Almost no trees! It is basically 6" scrub sage and prairie grass. Theres a lot of hillsso you can camp out of the wind or even stay in a motel in Rawlins.

Good luck!

Thanks for the Info. We're excited. We've looked into some WMU on that unit and it looks like we should have pretty good access to alot of land. I appreciate the help.

Eastmans Wyoming forecast said you should be seeing a lot of good bucks in there this year!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom