Wyoming Antelope 58 advice

littlebighorn

Long Time Member
We have a stacked fall this year with my son drawing a Wasatch Archery Elk tag and starting graduate school. Then on top of that we just found out that we drew unit 58 antelope, which we assumed we would not draw. I also have a late Colorado deer tag, but that will not be a time problem...I know it sucks to be me! LOL

Anyone hunted this supposedly "trophy unit" that wants to share any advice would be much appreciated. My son wants to archery hunt it as well, so any water hole hints would be great!

We will do our part for sure, but if anyone is feeling particularly generous with advice, I am all ears! You can PM me if you like.
Thanks

My brother has drawn 58 5 or 6 times through the late 90's and into 2000's he always said it had no pressure and a ton of goats. He would drive around and glass, put up a tent at the end of the day then do it again until he found a goat he really liked. He never had much of plan other than that and has a wall full of great antelope.

That sounds a little like Gypsy hunting, but probably pretty effective. Might be tough with a bow, but I appreciate the feedback. With only 50 tags, it should not be crowded for sure! Thanks jodog! (do you have a cousin J-dog that runs a hotdog stand in Provo? LOL)

I hunted 58 in 2009. There are huge bucks on the unit. I hunted in early October and never saw another hunter. On the second evening of my hunt, I harvested a Booner. You can camp or stay in Rock Springs. I had just finished a moose hunt, so I drove down from Pinedale and stayed in a motel in town.

3186wyoming_vacation_pt_2_036.jpg

Mr. LBH

You seem to have the same problem our buddy, ultramag, had last year. It's a tough job but someome has to do it!
Are you using your bow or your rifle that's sitting at my house? Is there a conflict with the dates of the pronghorn hunt and the archery elk hunt for your son?

I hope you have a great hunt up there. I know your other hunts should be sweet.

Sorry, but I have no intel on unit 58.

Good luck my sheep huntin' buddies,
Zeke

Yes LBH it sounds like you have a full season. Mine this year is a little slower with drawing Nevada Muzzy deer and Wyoming Pronghorn. Of course then I will have to help son in law with Wasatch Elk and nephew with Vernon Muzzy deer and then to Sask for Whitetail. A slower year this year. Good luck on the Pronghorn. I don't know much about the area but I will check with brother that lived in Wyo for a while and see if he has any ideas. Good luck!

MQQSE,
Thanks for the great picture of a fantastic trophy antelope! We waited with points so we would have a chance at one like that. Hopefully we can find a couple.
I sent you a PM and I hope to be able to ask you some more specific questions about the unit.
Zeke, and ultra,
Yes, it sucks to be me with so many tags to worry about! LOL, but you both have a few hunts to attend to as well.
The antelope hunt dates do not interfere with the Elk hunt, and the Colorado deer is in November, so timing is not a problem. Time off work to do it all is a different matter! Also, the boy just got accepted to Grad school, so we are still trying to see what his schedule is going to look like. Somehow, we will just have to squeeze it all in! LOL
Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully we will have some cool pictures to share before the year is out!
Anyone else who has info, I am all ears!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom