WYOMING 2012

H

HORNSNFISH

I have max points for elk and have been looking at some diff units for elk, 7,100,42. but am open to any other options, willing
to pay rancher for tresspass and will consider archery also.

any ideas would be great? thanks

Hornfish,
Of the units you've listed above I would go with 7, especially if you're willing to pay a trespass fee. My old man has a friend with some connections up in 7 and also another guy whom I've guided in Colorado a few years back (He has a tag this year) that might be able to help you out. I have some other ideas on units if you're interested... Here's my Wyo bull from last year.
4932cole_-_dad_10-1-10.jpg

Of which, there were 5688 people with max points going into the draw this year. In area 100, the 2011 draw odds show 6.7 years of max point holders left and 13 years for the regular draw.

Thank goodness there isn't a point system for residents!

There are many "unlucky" people that would disagree with that last statement.I see your family is among the lucky few.

Nontyp,

The point I was trying to make is the simple statisical fact that the preference point system currently in place only increases the odds for those in the max point pool (talking about the so called "best" areas). If you're out of the top points pool, you're wait is exponentially increased. (say an 11 yr old kid who misses the first year points are offered because he cannot apply). Imagine telling your kid: "Just think,son. When you're 58 years old you'll be able to hunt (insert any tough to draw area)".

As far as me being one of the "lucky" ones, I have drawn exactly 2 limited quota bull tags in over 20 years of applying (one as a non-res & one as a resident).

Or you could tell him, son you'll probably never draw this tag because the same "lucky" guy can draw it every other year.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom