Wyoming 2009 Draw

RamDreamer - Thanks for organizing this information.

What unit do you like in Wyoming for a NR applicant with 13 PP?

HornedToad

HornedToad,

Glad to help any way I can. I sent you a private message. I'm at the same point total you are going into 2009.

I'm in a similar situation - planning on cashing in on my 12 non-res points in 2009. This will be my "main" hunt for the year. Any pointers/tips will be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

fyi - I will have my 18 and 16 yr old sons - and possibly a brother - to help me out.

No non-wilderness area is assured with less than max, 14. You will be in the running with 13, but no sure deal. Unless you can afford a guide, figure on more years.....

>No non-wilderness area is assured with
>less than max, 14. You
>will be in the running
>with 13, but no sure
>deal. Unless you can afford
>a guide, figure on more
>years.....

Maybe I'm reading the demand chart wrong or something, but from what I can tell the only units I would not have drawn last year with 11 points were 1, 34, 38 and 42 - antlered moose, of course.

http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/DrawingOdds08/MO_NonResPPTS.pdf

I might just go ahead and put in for unit 23 and do a Region G combo hunt w/ my younger son, who has 3 deer points.

Just where to go is another question altogether. 2 family reunions in 2009 are really going to limit my scouting/hunting time. So, I'm really at the mercy of the MM experts here. :)

Huntjock,

They are talking about sheep. You are talking about moose.

G L in the draws.

>Huntjock,
>
>They are talking about sheep.
>You are talking about moose.
>
>
>G L in the draws.

Thanks! My bad. I'll blame it on age since I can't use the insobriety excuse...

Good luck to you'all in the draws, too!

Hunt

Thanks as always guys great info! Ramdreamer you do the app write up in FNAWS right? Good info! Great job.

I failed to punch my CO bow sheep tag in 2008. I NEVER thought I would fail to get a sheep - I worked hard and hunted 3 weeks. Grazed a ram. At the time I was happy I came so close (was within 100 yards a few times). But as time wears on and I see guys with nice rams it is starting to kill me. However, when I do finally get my ram it will make it all worth it (even more so). I just doubt it will be with bow. Oh well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom