wyoming 128 muleys

B

bullnanza

Has anybody scored yet. This cold weather should make the hunting better in the last days of the season.

We just got in from our 3rd day, pathetic is my best discription. We've seen 2 little bucks lots of elk and a lion so far.

Nobody I've talked to including the gamey knows what's going on this year. low deer numbers and not enough snow seems to be the best guess I've heard.

Tough year for sure. you see anything decent other than on the private?

How'd did the hunt end up around Dubois? A lot of guys always have high expectations for this tag and leave very disappointed.

"Dear MacGuyver, Enclosed is a rubber band, a paper clip, and a drinking straw. Please save my dog." Peter Griffin aka The Family Guy

We weren't there for the last few days o I can't say how it ended but the deer numbers seem much lower than I expected. not a lot of snow up high but temps averaged 10 degrees below normal so I don't know if weather is a good excuse.

I didn't expect to see lots of big bucks, just some bucks and we saw few. lots of elk, I don't know where the elk hunters were. saw some fresh wolf tracks on the USFS , maybe that's the best answer.

In a week we only saw a half dozen bucks off the private and the few bucks we saw taken were in the 140-150 class, heard of one 180 class taken earlier. my wife shot the best buck we had seen, 24" wide pretty tall and decent mass but lacking a G3 and a G2. we jumped him in the timber and I thought he looked decent going through the trees, she made a perfect shot and I wasn't about to tell her she should have passed, but she should have.

All in all we had a good time and I love the area. but if this is how it's going to be I doubt I'm going to burn my max points on it, too many private land issues and too few deer. my guess is the last few days were better but with all the unfilled tags left I bet it's a circus at the finish. I expect tag numbers to be cut next year if the hunt isn't eliminated.

I "hunted" the last 2 1/2 days of the 128 season this year. In reality I mostly glassed from my truck and rode my atv into the spots I was afraid to take my truck. In the past I hauled my horses over to Dubois and put a lot more effort into the hunt but this year I was nervous about trailering over Togwotee pass as well as the road I live on due to all the snow we've gotten in Jackson. I've drawn this tag 3 of the last 4 years and did not see as many deer this year as I had in 2008 and 2009. I didn't kill a deer this year as I never saw even a decent buck and my standards are definitely lower than the first time I hunted in "09. I didn't shoot a deer in "09 as I was too picky. I wanted a 180" or larger but never saw anything close to that size. In '10 I shot a 167" 4 point. I did see a few nice bucks on the buckboard this year. The first place 2011 buck was a real nice buck with good mass and some trash. There was also a great looking 4 point that was supposed to gross about 184" that I would have been really happy to get.

We hunted the last nine days in '07 saw quite a few deer, nothing big maybe 160-165", lots of sheep, a few wolves, 128 is a overrated area, period.....We see bigger bucks in Montana's general season..
Eastman's blue chip area, though.

private land is always BLUE CHIP.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Well, the $100,000 question. What unit would someone with max points put in for to have reasonable chance at 180+ bucks?

Bill

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom