Wyoming 108 Elk

E

elkchaser60

I just got back from helping my brother on his elk hunt in 108, and it sucked.
The unit has extremely limited access and very heavy hunting pressure where the general public can hunt.
If you aren't going with an outfitter, don't bother burning your points on this hunt.

LOl! Did you research at all before applying for the tag. Usually in the WY book it notes this unit as limited access to public lands. Furthermore why would anyone burn points on a unit like 108? There are some elk, but like you said almost all private and soon to be a major wind farm.

You should not be surprised. The regs clearly denote this as a unit with difficult access. Even if your brother didn't read the regs a 10 second google search will tell you all you needed to know.

I hunted 108 in 2009 unguided on the ranch that's now going to be the wind farm. It was excellent. All I saw on the public were antelope except on the little bit of public above the Pine Grove. All those elk were dead about 15 minutes into the season. Not to pile on but the facts on 108 really are no secret.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom