Wyo Antelope 71

littlebighorn

Long Time Member
Anyone know about the public access on this unit? I know it is listed as having a good deal of private ground. Feel free to PM me if you have any info. I am trying to find a unit for my boy to hunt.
Thanks

My CD ROM shows that at least 2/3rds of that unit is private land and the BLM that is there doesn't look that accessible. After looking at the drawing odds for last year and seeing that it's an easy tag to draw, I'm sure that's why. If you have any other units you are thinking about, just respond with what they are and I can get back to you quickly with answers on access. Your best bet is to call the Casper G&F Office or maybe their Chamber of Commerce and ask for a list of ranchers that have access fees. However, it's getting awful late in the process to do that and put in your application by 3/15. My best suggestion would be to try for a ranch up in the Gillette area in unit 23 for the second week of the season. That unit tag can be purchased as a leftover all the way up through the 10/1 season opener, there are a ton of goats up there, and you will have plenty of time to get things firmed up without having to fool with the draw. You will also save the $14 application fee they charge in the draw. If you are taking a kid, they might even give you a decent break on the access fee. Give a shout if I can be of any more help to you.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-11 AT 08:46PM (MST)[p]Thanks Topgun,
I PMed you some other units I am looking at.
I appreciate your advice. I have some maps but I can't figure out what is private. I will try to call the Casper office.
It sounds like you are from up that way. Maybe you know about the Winter in those other units. If so, perhaps you can advise me on that as well.

I sent you a PM back. I actually live in Michigan, but I sort of call Wyoming my second home! Keep with me on this and we'll get your boy a goat one way or the other!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom