WYDeer 9 NR Points

tracker12

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-15 AT 05:38PM (MST)[p]I currently have 9 NR deer points going into the 2015 draw. Looking for some recommendations for a good quality deer area that can be down for a solo hunter. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Looking for a rifle hunt.

Looks like the following were the units most applied for with max points in 2014:

Unit %
101 12
102 27
128 14

This was in the regular NR draw.

What does quality mean to you? quality hunting or trophy quality?

All of those units will give you a quality hunt. trophy quality, not so much.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-15 AT 07:09PM (MST)[p]G is the best thing Wyoming has going right now...anyone who has spent time hunting deer there will tell you that.

If you want a big buck in Wyoming that is the place to go despite where all the lemmings apply.

If you absolutely want to a high demand tag, that late hunt in 105 has produced some good bucks lately but not the number G has.

128 would be my choice out of those units for sure. I have had a couple of friends hunt it and they both shots bucks over 190"
Good luck

You haven't been able to hunt deer in wyoming for 9 years. Burn those points in 128 and then hunt every 3 or so years in G or H. Good luck.

>You haven't been able to hunt
>deer in wyoming for 9
>years. Burn those points in
>128 and then hunt every
>3 or so years in
>G or H. Good luck.
>

Why would you say that when he could have hunted his second or third choices or on leftover tags all those years just like I have while building my 6PPs that I'm burning this year?

Don't get me wrong I love 128 and since I have max points I hope to soon hunt it for a second time.

But my wife had it in 2011 and I've had 25 calls through The Huntin Fool and many have followed up after the hunt since they know I'm going to hunt it again. We didn't even see a 170 class buck in '11 and the reports I've gotten back aren't a whole lot better.

If a 180+ buck is your goal while possible I think you have your work cut out for you in that area. I took a 202 NT on my first hunt there, but that was 1997. it just ain't what it used to be.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-15 AT 04:21PM (MST)[p]Not sure that anywhere in WY is what it used to be. But if you want to hunt you have to pick a spot and go for it. I have 15 NR points in CO and am short for the really good hunts and will waist points in some of the areas I can draw. It is what it is.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom