WY Unit 27 Moose?

• Thread starter Mule_Deer_Crazy
  • Start date
M

Mule_Deer_Crazy

Looks like my dad will wind up with a Unit 27 moose tag and wondered if anybody might offer any advice. He's not as young as he used to be and I'd like to show him a good hunt without killing him in the process. He's still gungho, but wears out a lot quicker than he used to.

Like to find him a moose within a couple miles of the road if possible. Are there areas I should avoid taking him or areas that would be a little easier on him? He don't care about killing a 40 inch bull or anything.

Thanks for any ideas!

if he doesn't mind a 35-40 inch bull, he should be able to get one right off the road. Most the private is shut down. I've been moose hunting it 3 out of the last 5 years and all 3 bulls we took out of there were in the last two weeks of the season. We didn't get any record book bulls, but we did get some nice ones.

Thanks for the input. My dad would be happy with any bull, even if it had milk dripping off it's lips. I got a little different plan than that, but I'll give him a bullet on a bull between 35 and 40 inches.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom