WY unit 26 moose

hoopscoach

According to the WY website I was successful in drawing a unit 26 bull moose tag. It hasn't sunk in yet but it sounds like I am going to need some help. Can anyone give me any information about hunting this unit. I didn't have max points so I certainly wasn't expecting to draw but I'll take it.
Hoopscoach

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

Congrats Hoopscoach!

I drew the same tag as well with 11 NR points. I am looking for any info that you guys may be willing to offer as well. I am planning to get there a few days before the Sept 1st bow opener and hopefully get one with my bow. Not sure if you are planning to bowhunt or rifle hunt the unit Hoopscoach but if you are rifle hunting the unit and I am successful in the bowhunt I will certainly pass on all any info that I obtain that may be of use to you for your hunt. Congrats and good luck!

Horniac

Congrats. Keep us posted on the scouting and the moose you bag. Same unit I have been putting in for, but the odds really went south this year. How many points did you draw with???

I will be up that-a-way alot again this year chasing the overlap bow elk.

I have some decent knowledge of the 26 and 23 moose if anyone needs a push! ha

Robb

Pleasedear,
I knew you had expertise from your previous posts so I sent you a PM first thing this morning! Thanks!

Horniac,
I am more than happy to share information... I'm sure there are plenty of moose to go around. Are you a WY resident? Send me a PM and we can excange info. Unfortunately, I am going to be working in Alaska from late May to mid August so I won't have an opportunity to scout this summer. I will be spending quite a bit of time up there in late August and throughout Sept. I live about 6 hours from Fontenelle so I will be burning a lot of $4/gallon gas.

rmanwill,
You really don't want the answer to that question. Let's just say when it comes to drawing tags, I'm one lucky SOB.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

I didn't draw Unit #26 Moose with 11 NR Points. The odds have gotten worse every year for the past several years.

6996img_0573.jpg

Just remember, happiness is a bull moose loaded whole! Area 26 is a huge, diverse place. This bull was taken last year in 26 on a short hunt (left town @ 7am and had the bull in the back of the truck @ 9:45am). The bull was a 9x9 with a 44.5" spread (not my bull; helped a friend's 16 yr old son). PM me your contact info, and I can point you to some likely places to look.

I have drawn that tag 3 times through many years. The first time was way back in the late 70's, then again in about 1997 and once again in 2007. On each occasion it became much harder to find good bulls.

It will not be tough to get a bull, but it will be tough and take some luck to get a really nice bull.

In 2007 I hunted the archery hunt for over 10 days, then went home and came back with my bow for two weeks during the rifle hunt. In all that time I never saw one really nice bull. I past bulls almost on a daily basis, but I just could not find a big bull. I ended up arrowing my bull on the morning of the last day of the rifle hunt. I past up several bulls better than the one I got, but certainly not good bulls.

From my perspective you guys are going to need some inside help or a heck of a lot of luck.

I ended up taking a bull with my bow each year I hunted there, but each was smaller than the previous bull I had taken, and I hunted hard and know the area pretty well.

Good luck to you all. BB

Bills2007WyMoose4x6.jpg

Congrats agian Hoopscotch. I'm use to the draws and my poor odds. It pays to be lucky. Just not for me. Down the road it will come and hopefully I can continue to gather information in the units I continue to apply for.

Enjoy, keep us posted and kill a big one!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom