WY Unit-2 Elk

jack7

Hi Guys,

I have an elk tag for WY Unit-2 (Fortification Creek).
Has anybody hunted this unit in the past that can give me some advice on what to expect? What is the best way to enter the area.

Also, are there any horse rentals in the area for game retrieval?

I know the Fortification Creek area is landlocked by private property. There are some pieces of publicly accessible BLM. Unfortunately I don't know which areas support elk.
Any tips on where to find the elk on public BLM?

Thanks in advance guys.
Jack

Good luck getting hunter information on 2 because there aren't many tags issued for that unit each year as you probably know already. I would try to get a list of the ranchers in that unit and start making some calls seeking access onto or through their property even if you have to pay some bucks for the rights. I'm not aware of any horse rentals in that part of the state either.

You will be disappointed if you rely on public land only. Get in touch with Kerry Hayden or Del Jenkins for private land access. G&F in Gillette will have their contact info.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom