BigPig

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-06 AT 01:49PM (MST)[p]

Just a few we killed this last week

45141d920e16c960.jpg

45141e6d146d361f.jpg

45141ea315178b9d.jpg

Yes we had doe tags.

I've got a few more photos of other bucks we killed but I keep getting error messages. A question... MM is probably the most widely read of all Western Big Game forums. Why does it have the most difficult to use photo posting software? Not to mention the smallest capacity preventing you from uploading a lot of pics that are no problem to post on other sites.

PS. We were apparentely not welcome at the Casper Motel 6. Our first introduction upon checking in was the receptionist saying "are you guys hunters?" Us - "Yes we are." "Oh, we don't support hunters."

Then our rooms were not cleaned for 2 days. Bathrooms never cleaned at all. Trash never picked up. Dirty towells. Phone broken, lightbulbs out. No toilet paper for 2 days, etc. Worst excuse for a motel I've ever stayed in. My buddy wanted to leave a steamer on the floor when we left.

Nice 'lopes. I suggest you send a scathing letter to the corporate offices of Motel 6, not to mention the local Casper paper. I've done that when I've had a more than unusually good time, as well as bad.

There's no excuse for that at all!

I filed a formal complaint and am awaiting a response. I'll wait to see what they say before I take it to the next level.

me and a buddy stayed in the motel 6 in casper last year after a hunt in the shirly basin, when we cheaked in i had some blood still on my fingers from feild dressing. the lady at the desk asked if we had just killed some body! no she wasn't being sarcastic, actually being snooty about it. kind of shoked me getting that kind of treatment in wyoming!

Nice goats, appreciate the pics! Generally, that lady is not representative of Wyomingites--well except for half of Jackson...

Great pictures of some very nice antelope. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the motel. I have stayed at a number of motels in Wyoming that do openly welcome hunters. I would not expect to receive much of a response from the corporate office. I have complained about service (written letters) for other reasons and have never gotten anywhere. If it was me, I would never stay at another Motel 6 again, and would tell my friends, relatives, etc. about the experience and encourage them to boycot as well. This may be a little harsh but this is America and we are allowed to speak freely and express our opinions. I will be leaving for Wyoming next week. I will be boycotting the following gas stations along the way....

Conoco/Phillips - fired a bunch of employees for having perfectly legal firearms locked in the trunks of their private vehicles.

Citgo - Citgo is wholly owned by the Venezualian Government. If anyone doesn't know, Hugo Chavez, the president of Venezualia has for a long time openly criticized America and called for the destruction of America, called Bush the devil, and several other choice words.

Exxon/Mobile - Exxon imports a large majority of its oil from the middle east. Also, the Rockefeller family fortune it tied to Exxon (originally Standard Oil). Jay Rockefeller is a senator from my home state. I won't vote for him either.

Personally I like the steamer course of action. Stinky and right to the point. To hell with Tom Bowdett

yep Nate, I think a steamer would have been in order in this instance..
Looks like you boys had a good time.. and even managed to find a few lopers as well!!

Give me a ring when ya get the chance!!

BigPig, glad you had a great hunt. Sorry about the motel 6 situation. I will be sure and call them to let them know I will never be staying there and will pass it on to all my hunting buds.

I live 120 miles from Casper and have stayed in motels there several times. My prefered choice is Parkway Plaza Hotel. They cater to the hunting,snowmobiling,hot rod,biker or whatever crowd you belong to.

Also, here is a list of motels that support the NRA and give discounts. Might check those out next time.

Days Inn
Howard Johnson
Knights Inn
Ramada Inn
Travelodge Hotel
Wingate Inn
Amerihost Inn
Super 8
Best Western

"RKBA....ALL THINGS CONSIDERED"

Well, not all Motel 6's are that way. My brother and I prefer to stay at the Motel 6 over any others when we stay in Moses Lake (WA) because they allow hunting dogs in the rooms. They even have a bird cleaning station set up outside for people to take care of their birds. When pheasant and/or duck season is open, the Moses Lake Motel 6 is always full of hunters on the weekends.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom