WY Special Lic.

Suppose to give you a better chance at drawing a tag. Always look at last years draw odds for the area that your looking into and see if its worth the extra money. Allot of the time the draw %'s are almost the same, others, you'll stand a better chance. Good luck.

Yep, if you don't check the draw odds closely for the last couple years for the regular and special draws for the area you want to put in for, you will sometimes have less chance at drawing in the special than in the regular. However, most of the time it does give you a better chance and many times greatly increases or even guarantees you will draw the license you want.

When Wyo went to that Special price tag/s thing it was good for about a few years then it changed.
I along with a friend tried to draw a Gen Elk tag back in the 90's and did not draw. We had planned to go with an Outfitter right up under the Yellowstone Park. Well we never drew and so on the 3rd time we saw John at Sacramento Show and he suggested the Special and I told him the odds are not like it was when it first started, but he said it would help us draw. So we went that route and applied for the General Draw and the extra money.
Well in Feb. the results came out and guess what.....A BIG NOT SUCCESSFUL for ELK. I called up the Outfitter on the phone and told him we did not draw and he was supprised but said, guess you were right after all.

So quit applying for GEN for a few years and then applied and drew I think it was 3 years in a row, but did not want to go Outfitted way. The other guy did not want to do it so I was not going by myself. Last time I had an Elk tag was 2003 in Wyo.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom