WY NR Elk hunt

D

dwayneb

Hello to all, i have a question about the NR Elk hunt in WY. I am active duty military currently in Afghanistan but will be back in the spring. Im stationed in UT, but the draw odds suck the life outta me so im looking at WY. Any ideas on a good area to put in for that i can shoot at least a 330 bull? Will this require a few yrs points?

thanks in advance...

dwayne

There aren't any easy draws in any state where a realistic chance at a 330+ bull exists.

Put in for as many states as you can and hope, if nothing else you'll build points.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-11 AT 01:09PM (MST)[p]That's about the hang of it unless you want to pay big bucks, but in Wyoming you will probably need at least 1 PP just for a General Elk Tag. You can always try in the random draws because someone with no PPs has to get chosen for the few tags that are available. If you don't draw, the only thing you are out is the $14 application fee.
Incidentally, stay low, be safe, and thanks for your service!!!

If you don't have points anywhere, you definitely need to apply in New Mexico for one. 330 would be attainable.

Apply it won't hurt ya none.

If ya draw----------when ya get back on the Hill.....reachout to me, maybe we can share a Wyo elk camp.

IYAAYAS

I am around those troops.

Robb

robb,

Nice, you stationed up there? Been ammo for 16 yrs, originally from Muskegon MI, looks as though i will just have to buy a point, the odds aren't the greatest with zero...any unit suggestions?..what the heck do you have to do to send a pm, the sight never lets me click on a user name..maybe is the afghan internet..lol

Oh, i do appreciate the offer, that would be great..if i can draw.

dwayne

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom