WY mnt goat population control units

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-19 AT 12:03PM (MST)[p]I see you can draw the tag if you have already drawn a mnt. goat tag. I also see the once in lifetime tag going away. In the regs you can apply for any area if ya got a mnt. goat before 1995

But as far as area 5 I see it being a tough hunt. I have seen very small amount of goats up the North fork, south fork and meetetesee area. I know a lot of people say they see them all the time but I know I don't. So who ever gets the tag and hunts those areas I wish them luck. I see bad odds of success.

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-19
>AT 12:03?PM (MST)

>
>I see you can draw the
>tag if you have already
>drawn a mnt. goat tag.
>I also see the once
>in lifetime tag going away.
>In the regs you can
>apply for any area if
>ya got a mnt. goat
>before 1995
>
>
>But as far as area 5
>I see it being a
>tough hunt. I have seen
>very small amount of goats
>up the North fork, south
>fork and meetetesee area. I
>know a lot of people
>say they see them all
>the time but I know
>I don't. So who ever
>gets the tag and hunts
>those areas I wish them
>luck. I see bad odds
>of success.
You can't apply for areas 1-3 if ya have drawn before just a type A license wich is area 4 or 5 . But sounds like area 4 and 5 will be pretty tuff hunts, I'm sure outfitters will have the low down where to look if ya wanna go that route!!

DD,

Correct on your info. I guess my above words didnt come out right.

I predict someday the once in a lifetime tag will go away as i have said for years. Well heck the above info proves it.

I know i can apply for unit 4 and 5 but i wont. I know i would personally struggle on the unit 5 hunt. As far as unit 4 i have no interest.

>DD,
>
>Correct on your info. I guess
>my above words didnt come
>out right.
>
>
> I predict someday the once
>in a lifetime tag will
>go away as i have
>said for years. Well
>heck the above info proves
>it.
>
>I know i can apply for
>unit 4 and 5 but
>i wont. I know i
>would personally struggle on the
>unit 5 hunt. As far
>as unit 4 i have
>no interest.
>
>

Michael, the reason for the type A tag is to eliminate the goats in those areas. The OIL tag will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

I understand that but I don't see the once in lifetime tag holding forever. Area 3 we have a game warden that hates mnt. goats with a passion. Area 3 was a darn good area for the first few years. A lot of big goats were taken. Now its becoming like area 1. A lot of goats with no big boys. Don't get me wrong, I still see some good ones. Or just maybe the goats are moving into more areas.

So if you got a goat before 1995 then you can apply for area 1 correct?

heck 1995 I was in elementary school.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom