WY hunt with kids

Buccsboy55

I have 5 pts in Wy I wanna take 2 of my kids there 7-12 there pretty tough kids but was wondering what unit you fellers would recamend that wouldn't be to rough on them but have decent amount of decent deer thanks for any info

The problem is that the units that require little or no points tend to be crowded or have access issues. In Wyoming there are hunts in low sage, or up above timberline and everything in between. Do you kids hunt or are they going to hunt themselves. If they are going to hunt with their own rifle then save your points build them a couple points and go on a hunt together in a better a unit. At 5 you should be able to pull a G tag, which has some very rough hard hunting and some lower hunting as well.

If you really want to have the little guys tag along and have a great time, take them on an antelope hunt. You can often find a unit requiring minimal bonus points and the terrain is very doable for the little ones.

Agreed. Antelope hunts are the bomb for families. My kids have great memories from when they were little. You don't have to drag them out of bed at 4:00 am. You can glass and they will see many more animals. As stated, the terrain tends to be more forgiving than a lot of terrain associated with deer or elk.

That 12 year old can hunt. Find a unit that takes 2.5 points to draw and put him/her in with you. Youth tag is only $120

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom