WY Area 7, Duncan Ranch HMA

justbugling

Drew an area 7 elk tag as well as the Duncan Ranch HMA. Have not hunted this part of area 7 before and struggling to find info on it. Hoping to get some scouting in before archery opener but figured I’d ask around on here too. Has anyone hunted this HMA before? Wondering what type of terrain to expect and if any decent bulls have come from there. Thanks!

Duncan ranch rules have no mention of scouting from what I read, perhaps because of the other species available to hunt before the elk season.

I may well be wrong though, just didn't see anything in rules about scouting like other HMAs have.

GW will have that answer.

Duncan ranch rules have no mention of scouting from what I read, perhaps because of the other species available to hunt before the elk season.

I may well be wrong though, just didn't see anything in rules about scouting like other HMAs have.

GW will have that answer.
The Duncan Ranch permission specifies dates when the permit holder holder can be on the ranch. Those dates coincide with the hunting season dates. The ranch is not managed like regular state lands that allow access year round.

The Duncan Ranch permission specifies dates when the permit holder holder can be on the ranch. Those dates coincide with the hunting season dates. The ranch is not managed like regular state lands that allow access year round.
Should be illegal the way they manage it too state land should be state land

It’s a recreational area to so no telling who will be running around !! So just go recreate and look around that’s not scouting ?

I had a unit 7 cow tag last year. Should of had one down at 50 yards but of the close to 1000 rifle reloads I've loaded and shot, I got a misfire :(

We are going back again this year but just for deer and goats out of Douglas

I can send you some OnX points where I saw some bulls. The cow I almost got had 2 bulls with her. Mostly was all South father than the Duncan HMA. Marshall Rd, Warbonnet Peak and Blacktail Mountain all had bulls.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom