Wy application questions

iowabuck

Hello-

I've been studying the rules for Wyoming for weeks now, but a few things keep evading me. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm considering applying for a reduced price cow/calf tag for a unit I'd like to learn. The type 6 tag has a season opener listed as October 1. I'm only interested in bowhunting, and I have seen numerous remarks on this site about archery seasons opening earlier for many units - usually. How does one know for sure if a unit has an early archery season? And what are the dates? And do these early archery seasons apply to type 6 and 7 tags the way they do to type 1 tags?

Finally, I'm assuming preference points do not apply to type 6 tags, but nowhere can I find that stated. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Click on the link below and then go down the list for the animal you want to hunt. Click on that and it will show all the units and seasons for last year that will pretty much be the same for 2013 that you want to apply for. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of that list and you will see the "Special Archery Section" that tells you what the dates of the units are and any possible restrictions. The section applies to all limited quota units whether it's a bull tag or a doe/fawn or cow/calf tag. Once you draw a tag then you just go back online and buy the $30 archery permit, as well as the Conservation Stamp that is $12.50. PPs are not used for reduced price type tags and it's somewhere in the new website, but since I know that fromhunting out there avery year I haven't tried to find it in their website revamp.

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/HUNTING-1000179.aspx

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom