Wy Antelope with 3 points next year

H

hwapitiman

I have been buying antelope wy points and will have 3 going into next years draw. Can I get any great units with that or do I need more, I dont have a clue which units are good or not good.

A good place to start is the Wyo game and fish website. Look at the draw odds. It sounds simple but the better the unit the worse the draw odds. you can then find the units you are likely to draw with 3 points ( some dam good ones if you're willing to spend the extra $ for the special tag ). Once you've narrowed it down to 2 or 3 units do the usual biologist, game warden, local sporting goods store, BLM manager, phone interview process as well as a search on here for past posts on the units you are considering. This should give you a good start. GOOD LUCK. Chip

There are only a handful of units you will not have a great chance of drawing, but there are some very good units that are almost a done deal. If you do your homework you could draw for sure next year in a very good unit. Eastman's journal in the MRS section had a great breakdown last spring on drawing odds and good units.
If you have not hunted Wyoming before, I would just be careful of the eastern units because much of it is private land. The south middle of the state is probably the best overall pronghorn country and quality. Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom