WY antelope unit 62

J

Jaggerlab

I stumbled upon this site while trying to research a hunt I'm giving as a birthday present to my son. I had been buying preference points for antelope and he was successful in the draw for WY unit 62. I believe it is a good unit but, being from Missouri, don't have much of an idea as to the number of antelope we will see or how hard a decent buck will be to find. We would appreciate any info someone may provide. BTW - this is an awesome forum.

Congrats on the tag and welcome to the site man! You guys are in for a great hunt. Wyoming is a great state to hunt antelope. There are tons of antelope and some great trophies if you're selective.

I recommend you thoroughly study BLM and private land boundaries in the unit. Look for isolated water sources and focus on those areas.

The biggest challenge you'll face is knowing a trophy when you see one. I recommend picking up Eastmans Antelope book and videos as well as the Size is Everything DVDs I watch them all of the time and learn a great deal from simply observing huge bucks.

You will see bucks all day long and will have numerous kill opportunities. Decide what you want and wait for that buck that gets the heart going. You'll know him when he pops up I promise!

Good luck man!
"You skin grizz?"

Thanks for the information, gentlemen. I had heard years ago that unit 62 would be a good one, and decided to start buying points. My son and I are excited at the prospect of looking over a lot of bucks, waiting for a good shot opportunity. We'll hold out for the best buck we can that gives him a shot at a reasonable distance.

Be careful of the sand dunes in the northern part of the unit. Very easy to bury a vehicle in the middle of nowhere.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom