WY Antelope Unit 61

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Well got back from a week camping with the family in Oregon and found out I drew Unit 61 Antelope tag. Anyone ever archery hunt this area and willing to discuss your methods and how you did. Spot & stalk, decoying, sitting water which worked best? I will be hunting the first week of archery August 15 to 20. And will be concentrating on the North half of the unit.

Thanks
Bill

Congrats Bill on the tag, don't know anything about the unit other than driving by it on the way to Casper three times in the last three years.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Not sure what kind of buck you are looking for but there can be some good ones. Honestly if you just want to shoot one with a bow they are pretty tame in the south west part of the unit by wamsutter and in the north east corner by baroil becuase of the oil field traffic. you could literally road hunt with a bow here. there a plenty of goats so spot and stalk would be successful.

Thanks for the info. I plan to try and hold out for a good buck. I am really not sure I have the patients to sit on a waterhole and wait for a good buck to come in. I will give it a try and hopefully if small bucks are coming in they will make the time pass and keep me occupied. I will most likely be spot and stalking most of the time.

Thanks
Bill

Its the best area in the state in my opinion. Water is pretty limited and spread out so hunting water holes with a bow will be your best option. I arrowed an 81 1/2 there 2 years ago. PM me if you want any more info, my family has a ranch in the area and I know it very well.

bgmhiker

I hunted 61 the last two years and have the tag again this year. I know the area pretty good and know of a few water holes. I may even be able to set a few ground blinds up for you if your coming in from out state. Shoot me a PM.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom