WY antelope unit 25 help, first timer

mtmn35rem5

Hey guys, I drew unit 25 in Wy for Antelope. Everything I can find says that this unit has limited access. Any tips or ideas? This is my first time hunting antelope an Im not to sure what to expect, looking to have a fun hunt. Thanks for your time -Zach

First thing for you to do is MONDAY MORNING call the Casper F&G office at 1-307-473-3400 and ask them to send you a copy of the LAND OWNERS IN THAT UNIT THAT ALLOW ACCESS TO HUNT AND/OR CHARGE A SMALL FEE. Then get a good BLM map too that shows private from BLM, they can be order by unit also through www.mytopos.com

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Brian just gave you some excellent info - call sooner than later to get the list. I hunt close to that unit, it has plenty of antelope and some good ones but most is private and much is outfitter controlled so you don't want to be in the wrong place in that unit.

You can still have a fun hunt and most likely get a buck but really check the access issues.

Immediately do what the others said and say a prayer or two. I looked on my CD ROM and, even though the unit has some decent public land, it doesn't look like very much of it is legally accessible. That's why you need to do at least a little research like was mentioned BEFORE you apply for a tag. Good luck as you may be hard pressed to find a place to hunt unless it's paying a fee to a rancher later in the season because by now the bulk of the ranchers are probably booked for the opening week.

Alright thanks guys, next time I'll do more research on what unit to put in for. This was just a spur of the moment thing before the deadline an I didnt have a lot of time to research units because I was out of service. The good news is that I can devote the whole season out there if I wanted to, I have some extended time off so maybe it will all work out. Any other ideas or comments are welcome. Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom