WY Antelope Leftovers

stinky

I didn't get nut'N in CO. I'm thinking about going up into SW WY to hunt Antelope.

I want a cheap leftover doe license.

But, I have no idea of which units have a combination of Antelope and BLM land in them.

When do I have to apply by and which unit?
John 14:6

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-11 AT 09:27AM (MST)[p]
The draw results are to be up on the F&G website tomorrow at 8AM MDT and they will also have another link with all the leftover licenses The full price licenses go on sale 7/6 and the doe/fawn tags on 7/20. As soon as you see what units have tags available down in the area you think you might want to go to, send me an email and I'll plug the units into my CD ROM to give you an insight as to how much BLM and state land each has available for you to hunt. [email protected]

The reduced price Doe / Fawn licenses go on sale July 20th.

The list of leftover tags will be available on the Wyo.G&F website tomorrow.

Most units (90's) in SW Wyoming have a lot of BLM land. However, that area got hit pretty hard last winter so it'll be interesting to see if there are any tags available.

After you see the list and pick some units with leftovers go on the mytopo.com website and look at the hunt unit map of the areas you've selected. You can preview their maps and it'll give you a pretty good idea of how much public land there is. Good Luck. Chip

Hey guys, on July 6, can we purchase a leftover antelope lic online, or at a Cheyenne vendor in the list, or either? The info on the GF page is a little bit vague on this.

thx, for any help

Doug

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-11 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]You can do it out there or online until each unit is sold out and the same goes for doe/fawn tags that go on sale 7/20. It's easiest to do it online by credit card, as well as buying your Conservation Stamp that's required. I waited until I went out there last year and when I bought my deer license the vendor would only take cash. It made me have to watch my wallet carefully the rest of my trip for what I had planned on using cash for!

Thanks for the advice topgun. For a unit with only a few leftovers, do you think it would be best to be onsite at a sporting goods/hardware store in Cheyenne (whichever one opens earliest on July 6), or ready at 8am here on the computer? I live close enough to do the Cheyenne thing (cash-ready). Then again, would any vendor be open at 8am??

I'm just afraid the online process would get swamped, while vendors have other ways to get through ??

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom