WY antelope draw odds question

I

ilbowhunter2

Hi all,
I'm trying to make sure I am reading and understanding the draw odds correctly to plan for a hunt this fall. I am trying to draw the standard price antelope tag, I have two points and my dad has one for a 1.5 avg.

We were looking at unit 73 based on the last couple of years draw odds, it looked like we could draw it 100% with 1.5 points. If I am reading the 2012 odds correctly does it now take 3 points for 100% draw odds?

If unit 73 is out of the picture for us this year, can anyone suggest a unit with a good amount of public access we could draw with 1.5 points? Trophy potential isn't a factor, just seeing bucks and not having to deal with overcrowding. We would be going the first or second week of October ideally.

Thanks for the help.

ilbowhunter2, looking at last years draw there was 80 preference tags and 26 random tags for unit 73 regular draw. With 80 people drawing with preference points there was still 42 people that did not draw with 2 preference points. If itremained the same without any applying with more points this year them 42 people would draw and there would be 38 tags left for people with less then 2 points last year. There was 399 people with 0-1.5 points that applied for unit 73.

Always a chance of drawing one of the 26 random tags while you earn another point for unit 73.

Hope this helps. Good luck in the draw.

You would need to apply in the Special Draw with 1.5PPs to draw that tag this year if things stay like last year. See my PM for the two areas I would apply for woth your Dad.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom