wy 93 speed goats

slcmuley

first antelope hunt in unit 93 have hunted unit 100 before. i will be scouting it on the 13th of aug. so far all i have is a map and a gps does anybody have suggestions? what is a realistic size for this unit? my families biggest in unit 100 was 16 1/2" w/ 6" bases. are there still lopes like this in unit 93?

July scouting sucks, August is slightly better. The unit is a migration herd, and just gets better as they come down into it. can expect 20-30K total in the region by October. I shot a 15+ with 7" bases (gross scored 75) with my muzzleloader, and saw better ones around.

One of the best units in the state. The longer you can wait the better. The longer you can wait the more goats you will see. Wish I had the tag. Good luck!!!!

thanks for the info. are you saying they come down from the north, and we would be better off hunting later in the season rather than the opener? i know the rut starts about 2-3 weeks after the opening but i figured some of the bucks that would rut will have already been taken. we have 5 tags some are coming from ut and id we are willing to spend 5 days in the field. at any rate i'm sure we will stumble onto a few lopes thanks again

The biggest goats I have seen in that Unit have been there at the end of Sept and in October. Not sure where they come from but they just seem to appear. Like most of the rest of Wyoming, the opening weekend gets pounded and then everyone goes home. Personally, I would go for the opener and then spend your vacation time later in the hunt when there are more goats and less pressure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom