WWI....WWII....Calling all Stories and History to be Shared

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
Because of feddoc's post: "RELH....knife stuff" I made an entry then eelgrass gave me a great idea..."WWII"

How many of you have or had, WWII Bring Back souvenirs...? OR... STORIES of/from relatives-neighbors of Events or Combat...?

Korea, Vietnam, all/any....

Anything goes insofar as subjects even close to the above. This includes our 1950, 1960 era Family men who gave a WWI or WWII Rifle and a local gunsmith Sporterized it/them for Hunting. I remember as a kid, Glass Gun cabinets in the Living room's and most Hunting Rifles WERE, such a Rifle. Cost's were high for such Rifles, maybe as much as $35. Hunting ammo was what they termed: Dum-Dum's from Military ball ammo.

Hint for some... Use an email to begin a story and take time. Then, copy and paste it into the MM's "Reply" Box. This allows for time and detail to be written at your leisure.

A quick story. When I was a kid, my neighbor who was my age, and I learned how to shoot at the same time. We lived out in the country so we could shoot off the back porch or down over the hill. We eventually started hunting squirrels and rabbits together. It was that way up until we finished high school and he got drafted into the Army and headed off to Vietnam.

I lost track of him while he was in the service, and then when I heard he was discharged and living back in town, I rushed over to see him. I told him we need to grab the .22's and go squirrel hunting and catch up a little.

He got upset and told me he will never pick up a weapon again for as long as he lived, and almost literally threw me out of the house. I later heard he was living on the street in San Francisco, and that's all I know.

I think about him often, and wonder if I could have helped in some way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom