Wrist watch.

Long Time Member
I'm looking at getting a new watch. Has anyone here had any experience with Luminox? That is sorta the route I'm looking at. Something durable, glow in the dark that you can actually read in the dark, everday use. I have also seen some Smith & Wesson watches that are similar to the Luminox. Just curious if anyone has any good or bad expierience with any of these.

buy a casio pathfinder triple sensor. it is solar powered and receives its time settings from a radio signal so you never have to set it or change daylite savings time. it has a compass,altimeter,barometer,thermometer,etc,etc.
you wont be disappointed.

I havent worn a watch since I started packing a cellphone with me everywhere. But my old Timex with indiglo does go with me on all my hunting trips, great to be able to see the whole face light up when its dark.

My buddy is in Navy Special Forces and was issued one of their dive watches. He loves it.

Alot of these watches have alot of functions you might not use. If you just need it for time, there's nothing wrong with saving some $ and buying a good ol Timex Indiglo, or Casio GShock.

I have the Atomic/Solar G-shock. Never have to set it or buy a battery. It looks great too

Aim Center Mass
rifleman.gif

Hey, D13er and I have the same watches through Cabela's and they are the Timex glows in the dark....still the same price and works good.

Takes a beaten and keeps on ticking.

Brian

I had a Luminox for about a year and it broke or cracked where the strap attaches to the watch. I thought it was tougher than that, meaning a better plastic. It was pretty brittle.
I had the yellow colored face and liked it when it was not broken. I liked the tritium glow in the dark also.

ive got a luminox with the metal band. Had it for five years. It glows so bright at night its almost distracting, but perfect for when you are lying in a tent in the dark waiting for opening morning. the only problem ive had was when I wore it to a softball game, I was playing 3rd and a fast grounder hit me in the wrist and broke the band. I sent it in and they replaced it for ~$10. its the best watch ive ever owned. Had a timex indiglo before that...it lasted <year.

Have other watches also, but I have been wearing a Seiko automatic for 42 years. Came in a stainless case. Have had many wrist bands, cleaned a time or two and some minor repairs, but it keeps flawless time even if it does look a bit worn now.

I have a Luminox all stainless Diver Professional. Iv'e worn it every day for about the past five years. The only time it comes off is to clean it's underside. I play fairly rough, this watch stands up to most anything. I wore an Omega Seamaster for about 10 years. I'd take the Luminox over the Omega any time!
Norkal

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom