Wounded Bull

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
From AZ G&FD:

The Arizona Game and Fish Department is asking for the public?s help in gathering information about a large bull elk that was shot and wounded by bow and arrow near the town of Tusayan. The animal was wounded during the weekend of Aug. 21.

Game and Fish was contacted after the wounded bull appeared in the front yard of a residence in Tusayan. A department law enforcement officer and a biologist responded to the call and were able to tranquilize the bull and remove the arrow, which was embedded in the rump area of the animal. The bull was closely monitored until it ran off on its own.

Department officials suspect that the bull was shot near Tusayan in Game Management Unit 9 and then travelled into town. The wounding of this bull is a game law violation since the legal archery elk season does not begin for several more weeks. This shooting most likely occurred during the opening weekend of the archery deer season.

?This is an example of irresponsible individuals and their disrespect for wildlife and the laws and seasons that are established to protect our wildlife resources. This case is also frustrating due to the fact that the elk hunting season hasn't started yet, and we don't know where in Unit 9 the animal was originally shot,? says Game and Fish Wildlife Manager, Mike Rice. ?We need the public?s help finding the individual(s) involved in the shooting. If you were in the area recently, please try to remember anything you might have seen or heard or any conversations you might have had. Someone may not realize he or she has the key to solving this case.?

Anyone with information about this incident can call the department's Operation Game Thief toll-free hotline at (800) 352-0700. Callers may be eligible for a reward of up to $2,500, and all calls may remain confidential upon request.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

That disgusts me. We found 2 poached bulls on the Wasatch last week with their skull plates cut off. Been dead about 2 weeks. Pretty pathetic. I wish we could catch all these guy's and make them pay dearly for it. What a waste. Hopefully they have the arrow and can use it to catch the poacher.

Let us know if you hear any more about this case.

Both your post piss me off!!! I say poachers should be put through basic and sent to a combat zone where they get to fight for their right to enjoy the great outdoors.

Hunting is my way of life
Sgt. Petersen
USMC OIF OEF Vet.

what an idiot! and on top of that he shot it in the a$$!!!!

cant we just kill people like that?

I pulled this photo off of a newspaper site from Alaska. Rare Trumpeter Swan. People like this everywhere I guess.

4aa71d512efe51f4.jpg

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

Well at least they have the idiot's arrow. Maybe they can use it to track him down....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom