Would you......?

marley

Very Active Member
Okay...I drew a nonresident Willard Peak Nanny tag this year and went scouting the area a bit last week even though I grew up in the area and know it really well, I just wanted to see what's up there. After looking over 150 or so goats I found this goofy nanny. I've always been a sucker for the nontypical bucks and bulls but knowing that you probably won't have too many chances in your lifetime to hunt Mountain Goats would you shoot a nontypical like this just because it's different? That droopy horn looks to be 11+ inches to me in real life (I know my picture sucks).

9267mtn_goat.jpg

Just on the basis it's a Nanny and knowing their reproductive struggles i would pass, sucks because i like odd balls too but it's one for the greater good.

TL

My favorite hunts are because they were with friends and family not just because "I got one".

My tag is a nanny only tag and I'm pretty sure she's an old nanny. Really long face compared to the others and she was one of the only nannies without a kid or two.

Boom!!!! I'd wack her in a heart beat....I drew Kamas Chalk creek goat this year it would hard to pass on her with that tag....

I should do a better job reading the post!! I just see "goat" and i'm twitchin.....

My favorite hunts are because they were with friends and family not just because "I got one".

I've seen another one in that unit like that. I wondered if it was caused by an injury. I'd strongly consider it.

I would if I were you.
I'd like to see your trophy pics with that old goat.
Zeke

how many people tag something like that? few and slim, heck ya she would be a great trophy.

Definitely a goofy lookin' old goat! Oh wait, you are not talking about Zeke? lol
The "trophy" is always in the eye of the beholder, regardless of what the rest of us think. It would certainly be a conversation piece. If you like it...bang.
Now just pray that no fires chase it out of the country, but you know how to deal with fires!
Good hunting Marley.

I would not. For me I would want an animal that looks like what I have pictured in my head it should look like. I know , weird but thats what I like. When i had my wyo moose tag, we saw a very nice bull, best paddles of all we saw but he only had one antler. One side was busted off a few inches from the base. I did not shoot since he didn't look like what a moose should look like to me.

Either way that goat would make a nice addition to your wall. Good luck marley.

The only reason I am debating it is because I know that sometime in my lifetime I will draw a billy tag in CO and can get a billy then or maybe go to Alaska sometime for a nice billy. If I get a nanny I want to actually have her mounted dead underneath my mountain lion so something unique has me a little tempted.

Heck ya, shoot that goat! It is also cool that you now have a target goat to hunt for! Would make a great mount!

Marley Id put the 300RUM to use and drop that goat. Would be an awesome trophy and im sure it will look awesome mounted with the lion.

How long do you guys think that goofy horn is? I'm thinking its around 11 inches and the normal horn around 9 but I'm horrible at guessing these goats.

If it is going to be under your lion then I would definitely go for the non-typical character look. That would look cool.

I would put my tag on her if I had the chance. Looks like a mature nanny and u said no kids. I am a sucker for the nontypical.

Hey marley----

I filmed her this morning while I was shooting a 30 minute DVD for the fellow from Michigan that drew a 1st season Billy tag.

That is one long horn she has for sure!

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom