Would you take him - 2?

W

waterbuck

Here he is. As you can see he is a cool goat with a lot of character, but he is not the buck that I was hoping for. 2007 was a very poor feed year. I have been told that the lack of late feed will cause them to finish weak. I do not know if this was the problem, but he doesn't have much above the prong.

I have found, for me, the toughest thing about antelope hunting is being patient. So now I have another buck that is just shy of 80" and another 10 years+- to think about being patient.

6135100_8819.jpg

3503100_8818.jpg

5725100_8809.jpg

4786100_8794.jpg

2752100_8796_edited-1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-11 AT 09:55AM (MST)[p]No need to appologize for that one- he's a nice buck. He's a shooter in about 90% of western Antelope units. 10 years to think of being patient ?? With a little research you can hunt Antelope like that every year in Wyoming at a very reasonable cost. Chip

+1 Chipc
Great character. Love the stickers. Happens to everybody.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

That is a very nice buck. He is tall to the prong for sure, and those kickers are sweet. I would take him!

Good looking goat, I like the character. Goat hunting all depends where you are at and what you are hunting with.

Congrats. Nice buck. Unless you draw a premium unit it is real hard passing a buck that is just short of 80!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom