Would you fill up?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I would not. I would be tempted though if it didn't hurt the station owner but did cost the oil company. How about you?

MINOCQUA, Wis. - Dozens of drivers made a mad rush for cheap gas after a station employee accidentally changed the price to 33 cents a gallon.

An employee closing Trig's Minocqua Shell for the night mistakenly entered the price of a gallon of gasoline as 32.9 cents instead of $3.299 on Monday night.

He left about 10 p.m., but drivers could still use their credit cards to buy gas.

Word of the bargain spread fast in the rural northern Wisconsin community, with 42 people buying 586 gallons of gas in an hour and 45 minutes. One person had pumped 27 gallons and two purchased 18 gallons.

Local police saw the horde at the station and called store manager Andrea Reuland, who went to the station and pushed the emergency stop.

"There were cars two deep at each of my pumps," said Reuland, who knew many of the drivers and told them they were being dishonest ? the main store sign had the correct price.

"I was very upset that there's that many dishonest people," she said. "They knew there was a problem, and they took advantage of an employee's mistake and I think that's terrible."

The employee, who has been there for about six months, had changed the gas prices 25 times in the past six months.

"It was an honest mistake," Reuland said. "I could have done it."

Area residents were still talking about it Friday morning.

"Was it you guys?" a woman in the station asked Reuland. "Why do I always miss the good stuff?"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-07 AT 09:33AM (MST)[p]I probably would have filled up but I would accept and expect the station to correct the charges on my credit card. fair is fair, you know there's no 33 cent gas anywhere in the world.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-07 AT 09:38AM (MST)[p]No I wouldn't unless I was in Venezuela.

Three-cents-a-litre has its downside
Low price has service centres fuming

by Tim Harper

CARACAS, Venezuela - Aldamar Roche, decked out in his best finely pressed Texaco togs, merely shook his head and looked down at the pavement as another in a parade of cars rode up to his pump in a Caracas suburb.

"We're just giving it away," he said.

Supporters of the Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez display and shout slogans in his support during May Day celebrations in downtown Caracas, Venezuela, Monday, May 1. (FERNANDO LLANO/AP PHOTO)

Just about.

At three cents a litre, Venezuelans have the cheapest gas prices in the world, a fraction of the 56 cents they would pay for a litre of bottled water or the 70 cents they would pay for a litre of milk.

How do you know its stealing or even a Mistake???

I once bought fuel for .37 cents a gallon, the station was having a "price war" with another station across town /shrug it was all fine honest and legal... and a GREAT deal. They were dropping the price so fast it was well out of date with the signs.

-DallanC

Rationalize it all you want, but it IS stealing. How is this any different than getting the wrong amount of change back and keeping it? Good to see the lack of integrity here. NICE!

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

>Rationalize it all you want, but
>it IS stealing. How is
>this any different than getting
>the wrong amount of change
>back and keeping it? Good
>to see the lack of
>integrity here. NICE!

In this case it WAS stealing but its not stealing in ALL cases, like I said the price war between 2 stations.

How about putting the blame on the guy who made the mistake? If some morron sold me a pre64 for 300 bucks just because he did'nt know what he had, does that put me at fault? Pretty sure EVERYONE on this site is GUILTY of being on the good end of a bad deal a few times. I'm pretty sick and tired of everybody (not mm members in general) always making excuses for some 7 dollar an hour high school drop-out. The money should come out of his check.....Imagine how few mistakes their would be then?

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

JUDAS PRIEST!!!

THAT REMINDS ME OF THE TIME I SEEN THE BUDWIESER TRUCK TIPPED UPSIDE DOWN!!!

YOU SHOULD OF SEEN ALL THE JOKERS STEALING THE BEER!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Take advantage?,

In a situation like that, not a chance. It has cost me over and over but i'm a golden rule guy and have enough trouble sleeping at night as it is.

Now, you wanna sell something and set a price, that's a different thing completely.

joey

The clincher is they had the correct price posted on their sign out front.

The last time I could get 3 gallons of gas for $1.00, I was making only $1.55 an hour. I make over 15 times that now. Plus, back then my GTO only got about 9 mpg. (but then I lived at home with no other responsibilities) I'm still a lot better off today.

Like I said....If the guy who makes the mistake is held responsible there would be a hell of lot less mistakes made. Happens everyday in this country. To awnser the original question....I probably would'nt, unless it was by accident in that case would I go outa my way to call the store manager....NO. Hey if a bear gets in your trash can is it his fault or the guy who left out the trash? People are People, Cant expect them not to take advantage of the situation in this day and age. Maybe they'll take a little more care next time.

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom