Would you do it?

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
Everyone tells me how they would "love to live in Wyoming". I don't believe most people who tell me this. I think for most people (hunters included), they would rather live in a city, and travel to hunt.

The reason I say this is that it is extremely difficult to fill jobs in Wyoming (at least that has been my experience).

So, given a good job opportunity, would you move to Wyoming?

Spend a winter in Wyoming before you pack up and move there, then if you think you are tough enough for that life, go ahead on. It is argueably one of the most beautiful places in America.

Wyoming ain't short of people for lack of space!

Yes...six figures...but two of those figures are on the wrong side of the decimal point!!!

Steve

>Spend a winter in Wyoming before
>you pack up and move
>there, then if you think
>you are tough enough for
>that life, go ahead on.
>It is argueably one of
>the most beautiful places in
>America.
>
> Wyoming ain't short of people
>for lack of space!

For me winter's are worth the summer's and the hunting season!

Couldn't be too much worse than where i live in the mountains of northeastern Ca. There's still 3-4 feet of snow on the flat here and cold is cold.

That said, the thought has crossed my mind a time or two. I have not moved, mostly cause i'm still only 4 hrs. away from my family if needed, i've got friends here, and a nice little business established.

If i had moved anywhere away from this outdoor wonderland, it probably would have been to Alaska.

I wouldn't mind living in Wyoming if I had a good job. Unfortunately there is really only one place in Wyoming I could work in my profession - U of Wyoming. Laramie is a great town but I don't think I could ever convince my wife to live there.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I LOVE THE JACKSON AREA, HUNT THERE ALOT, HAVE FRIENDS IN JACKSON. THEY TELL ME MOST PEOPLE THAT MOVE THERE STAY AN AVERAGE OF 3 YEARS, THEN THERE GONE...THE COLD/SNOW CATCHES UP WITH THEM. I'M RETIRED, BUT IT WORKS BETTER TO LIVE IN CALI AND DRIVE THERE EVERY YEAR BY FAR....YOU CANT BEAT THE CALI WEATHER/ LIVING CONDITIONS..........YD.

Sure. However, I lived there a couple of years and am only an hour and a half away now....(west). It wouldn't be much of a change.

I'm planning on retiring there in 6 or 7 years just trying to figure where at in Wyoming. I like the looks of Cody, Sheridan,or Powell any suggestions?

Naw, im already in Montana. I wouldnt mind moving to Alaska though!
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

Wyoming is a real big area. There are plenty of places in Wyoming I have been through that you could not pay me enough to live in, and a few that I would give very serious thought to if given the opportunity. Your question is just too broad.

Mark

I moved to Wyoming. A few thoughts. Jackson area...the billionaires are pushing out the millionaires. If you have a good work ethic, take responsiblility for your actions, and except it the way it is, you will fit in. Don't expect a lot of government Nanny programs. If you want to change it like where you are from then you will not be welcomed, stay where you are.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom