Would anyone... Big Moose?

M

MudRunner

I was pretty excited to see this moose on the trail camera this weekend. I've seen a lot of moose around, but this one takes the cake. Would any of you pass on this Big Boy?

BTW: Skip the first 30 seconds, this is a video but by how still he's holding at first it looks like a picture.

You used the same adjective in the title of your video that came to mind "Gorgeous". That would be tough to pass. Thanks for sharing.

If that's a Utah bull it looks like it could easily be the new state record archery bull. A friend tied the record a couple years ago with the Sportsmans tag and that thing has way way way more tine length.

Don't know if it will translate into paddle width, but with that paddle length of what looks to be over 30" it could easily go way up into the 150 range.

What a Monster !!!

Cheers,
Pete

That's a beautiful bull in every way. I wouldn't hesitate to fling an arrow at him or just sit and admire him. You don't see bulls like that often. What state?

He's for sure a really nice one that would be sweet on anyone's wall regardless of what he's taken with. Thanks for sharing!

C3, tine length doesn't count on moose, only number of points. Unless you are referring to SCI then it does. B&C/P&Y count number of points, length and width of paddles and one mass measurement just above the bases.

Great bull, wouldn't pass up any state/unit/weapon.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I know mntman, that's why I said I don't know if it will translate into palm width or not, but the length of paddle is easily over 30" with the double brow tine on the one side and triple on the other. If he has over 10" palm width and a 48" spread he's close to 150.

Length of tine can be decieving. It looks huge, but might actually have a very narrow palm width due to the deep scallops for the tines and not score that well.

Cheers,
Pete

He looked like he was walking weird. Maybe he is just starting the rut? Maybe its sick?

I did call in one on Saturday that was rutty and still had his velvet. He came running in to my calls from several hundred yards away.

thats a nice moose

Great bull! I wouldn't hesitate for a second if I had a Utah tag for that unit. You don't see too many like that! You hunting them or just been seeing a bunch of moose in your area?

www.biggamedrawodds.com

I see what you were saying now C3, I just misunderstood your first post...
Got to say it again though, great bull!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom